Dear Falcon Families,
The Fairview Falcon faculty and staff are consistently looking for ways to keep our students safe, happy, and healthy while they are learning. As we come to the start of the second half of the year, we are asking for your help, specifically with arrival and dismissal procedures. Below are a few reminders and changes based on observations, trial, and error over the last few weeks:
1. Please cross ONLY at designated crosswalks out front and out back, including in the parking lot and circle. We do not want anyone to get hurt arriving or leaving the school at any time.
2. Please arrive at or after 3:10 for car rider pick up at dismissal. If you are arriving before this time, we ask you to park in the parking lot and walk across the crosswalk to the blacktop to pick up your student instead of blocking the circle and causing traffic to back up on to the street.
3. Do not leave your vehicle while in the circle. If you wish to go to pick up or drop off your child on the blacktop, please park and walk across the crosswalk to do so.
4. Please pull as far forward as possible without blocking the crosswalk. We are trying to keep traffic moving as quickly as possible to keep back up on the street to a minimum.
5. Please do not wait until your child is in line or in the building to move from the circle at drop off. Staff is available to monitor students and keep them safe. If you would like to wait with your child, please park in the parking lot and use the crosswalk to accompany them to the blacktop.
6. Students will be dismissed to enter cars which are between the crosswalk and the designated area in the circle. Please wait until you are in this area and pull as far forward as possible before having your child enter the car.
7. Please be patient. We are working to streamline arrival and dismissal procedures while maintaining the safety of all students, staff, and families. We need everyone's help to do this and appreciate your patience and support.