Reading Specialist and classroom teachers are currently assessing growth with a reading assessment. Based on results all student will be grouped with students who have similar instructional needs. All students are in small groups based on their needs and also participate in whole group reading instruction.
This year I have small groups of 1st-5th grade students. These groups will be changing throughout the year as the Intervention Specialists assess the growth and the needs of our students.
- solving words- decoding
- monitoring and correcting - make sure you understand and fix confusion
- use information to talk about the book or answer questions
- remembering and finding important information using the book
- read like you talk (use expression)
- predict what you will learn
- make connections- from your life experiences
- add or change your current understanding
- think about what the author means
- notice what the author does to help you understand their message
Reading skills are used in almost every aspect of life. It can be serious, funny, mysterious, informative or persuasive. Reading can take you many places in your imagination. Read a good book today!